Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Tall Tree (or what was I thinking!)

Last September, while in Gee Gee's Quilt Shop in Yelm, I saw a finished wall hanging. It was an amazing evergreen with buttons for ornaments. I thought I could whip it up in a couple days and have it ready for the holiday season.

When you quit holding your ribs and catch you breath, you'll hear me agree. What on earth was I thinking! Fast forward to March. After many interruptions, it's on the way to completions. Here are a few pictures from the journey.

 So, paper piecing isn't my favorite and I changed the height of the tree stand so between those two obstacles, I may have been a bit slowed down. Here we are a couple days later.

There are a lot of pieces here.



Deciding on borders
The poinsettia print won out. Sometimes it really helps to
take a picture and see something from a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment